Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Year 2 Week 46

Assalamualaikum and hi!

it is summer, but the funny thing is most of the days in a week are forecasted to be raining, and they are!
not good for us to enjoy walking and travelling, but ideally fit for my study..yes...
this year's spring has not provide me much results, in fact i didn't find any species that i was looking for! sebab tu looking for alternative like starting to write for my thesis
my sv also worried about me not getting any results but "you could pray for next spring (in 2012) to be wet enough for mushroom to grow" he said

praise to the Almighty, recent non-stop rain have given me a chance to do my work! i went to my field site yesterday and luckily managed to collect 2 specimens, not much but i am glad that there's a progress.. i will definitely look for another this weekend.. syukran ya Allah! well, as the sampling work has already began, i may have to prepare my medium to have my specimens cultured.. good luck to me! :))

i've submitted a few pages of my writings for the 2nd chapter last week and they have been handed over to me this morning.. first draft kan, mana boleh paper tu clean and clear je.. hehe.. selagi ada blank space selagi tu my sv will try to write comments and points to be edited.. i am not geram, but more to feel like wanting to do my best for the next draft ..postive vibes, i know!

looking at my graduation ticker at the upright sidebar, it is almost the time to reach my final year! wow..time flies so fast! and i am not even 26 yet.. (naah.. coming soon!) :)
before new semester begin this September, i am going to attend my 2nd review meeting with my supervisor and advisor
this time it won't be like last year's.. butterfly-in-the-stomach-and-feel-like-to-vomit kinda situation will apparently not going to happen this time..haha.. my sv cakap this time, it will be a kind of leisure-chatting-with-a-cup-of-coffee meeting which like a melody to my ears! hope it happens that way on the day itself..insyaAllah

just to let you know, i am going to Malaysia Hall tomorrow to meet most of my UMT collegues who have been in the same postion as mine (doing PhD) in the southern parts of the UK! i am so excited for this and as the UMT Vice Chancelor is coming to this event too, we can share our progress and discuss any issues and also makan-makan! haha..
i will definitely update about this later..

wow.. i wrote a lot for this entry!.. i wish i could do the same for my thesis.. kekeke.. will try my best as always..

2 comments:

kak fizah said...

you may do your sampling in spring season only??

wow, it's soooooo challenging!!

good luck dear!

A.k.i.r.a ~ c.h.a.n said...

qila sampling spring ngan autumn kak fizah.. but kalau hujan in between those season pun still kene turun sampling and look for fungi

yeah, quite challenging tasks..but..have to do that.. :))
tq kak fizah.. bila nak sambung phd ni?